At Kleeen, we understand the drag and drop hosted model has its place. Unfortunately, we also had to come to grips with trapping your customers inside that kind of mystery box architecture. Boxes come with walls and limitations and with the experience of being a SAAS company, then a design studio, and now a SAAS software authoring platform the advantages of free-range software development became obvious.
Kleeen's platform is built by developers for developers. The foundations of what we do are born from the frustrations of using other tools and the personal mistakes made along the way. Below is a list of what not to expect when using Kleeen:
- Hostage Negotiations - Kleeen doesn't own your source code once you export it to your repository, you do. Once you export your code you will receive vanilla React code that you own. You can continue building using our platform but if you cancel your account you still own your code.
- Spaghetti - Being developers we put a lot of effort into making sure the code we give our customers is the same quality a good human developer would produce. This means a common-sense structure and intelligent comments. For example, the places you need to wire up endpoints are marked with "TODO: Put Your Code Here" and folders for custom widgets, pages, and css are named Custom.
- Feature Walls - Kleeen knows that one tool can't build everything. To prevent being the blocker to making your dream a reality we made a structure that allows you to insert customizations for the things we don't do. You can insert your custom-built pieces, pages from BI tools like Tableau, or almost anything you need to make sure you're building the application you dreamed of.
- Mystery Boxes - Many applications for building software want to hide the end product in a managed environment where you can never really own your product. They live in fear of the discovery that their secret sauce is thousand island dressing. Kleeen decided that our secret sauce would be being open and honest and building a great product.
- Generic Style - It is easy to spot the output of many authoring tools because they are limited to their style sets. We like our default styles, we've worked hard on them and they look good. We know that they may not be everything you need to execute your vision, so you can using a small amount of code replace the CSS of an application entirely or just augment it by making minor tweaks.
- Status Quo - Kleeen works on a continuous development cycle with weekly or bi-weekly releases. This means the tools are constantly moving forward with the things our customers are asking for.
The bottom line is, Kleeen wants to help you execute your vision by reducing the time you spend on ordinary tasks of front end development and allowing you the freedom to be as custom as you need. If you don't see something you need in our platform please let us know, our first priority is building what customers are asking for.